Monday, September 24, 2007

Tie the knot

My weekend was pretty dull I stayed in the house most of the time. It's not like I don't have any friends, so you can say it was by choice why I stayed home. I did the typical guy thang and watched college football all day. OH Yeah, I'm in a flag football league, which we play every Saturday, we won! So we're 2-1 I'll give you updates every week.

OK! I have a spontaneous question. When do you know you are ready to get married? What age is a reasonable to tie the knot?
I know people that's been together for years but never attempted to get married. I mean if your together for that long why not get married. Are we too afraid of the title Married?

1 comment:

SistaSocialite said...

Honestly,

Marriage is nothing but a title and it entitles your husband/wife rights that they wouldn't have other wise. It's nothing but legal stuff and a pretty wedding including a dress that will never be worn again unless years and pounds later... u renew your vows and alter it.

But on the other hand... it's not just a title, it's what people do. It's acceptable for people married to then have sex. It' acceptable for them to move in and have children.

I don't think there is a set age for when someone gets married. Marriage is a lifetime and some people are scared of forever, that's why they don't want to take that step yet. It's all about if you're ready and mature enough to take on responsibilies surrounding marriage. You can be 18, 40, 80... it doesn't matter. It's about the love that you feel for that person that matters... and if you can handle being with them till death do you part